The HDLC Router provides intelligent data routing between EtherNet/IP and HDLC (RS485) which can help the migration from GEM80 control systems to ControlLogix or CompactLogix platforms, where an HDLC interface is required.
- Intelligent routing to GEM80 Controller over HDLC (RS485)
- Supports 48k and 180k Baud
- Supports NRZI, FM0, and FM1 encoding
- HDLC Master or HDLC Slave operation
- Supports 2-wire and 4-wire communication (peer-to-peer or multidrop)
- Supports full duplex or half-duplex communication
- Interfaces to Starnet module
- Configurable input/output assembly for HDLC devices
- Supports Interface Modes: Table Exchange, Broadcast with Response, and Broadcast without Response.
- Supports Modbus TCP
The HDLC Router provides intelligent data routing between EtherNet/IP and HDLC (RS485) which can help the migration from GEM80 control systems to ControlLogix or CompactLogix platforms, where a HDLC interface is required.
This allows the user to integrate HDLC devices into a Rockwell Logix platform (eg. ControlLogix or CompactLogix) with minial effort.
The module can be configured to act as either an HDLC master or slave , in either 2-wire or 4-wire RS485 mode. Data can easily be mapped to custom positions in the Logix input and output assemblies affording maxmimum user flexibility.
The HDLC Router is configured using the Aparian Slate application. Slate offers various configuration methods, including a controller tag browser.
A built-in webserver provides detailed diagnostics of system configuration and operation, including the display of received HDLC communication packets, without the need for any additional software.