The DV Scanner connects to a Rockwell Automation Logix Controller (e.g. ControlLogix or CompactLogix) via EtherNet/IP and connects to the DeltaV™ M-series LocalBus.
This allows the DV Scanner to connect to, and control, the IO in an M-series system.
- Supports up to 32 IO Cards.
- Supported cards are listed on the Specification Tab below.
- AOIs are provided for standalone and redundant achitectures.
- Supports listening only and run mode for migration assistance
- Dual Ethernet ports support Device-Level-Ring (DLR)
- Extensive diagnostics and statistics support migration and integration
DeltaV is a registered trademarks of the Emerson Process Management family of companies.
The DV Scanner provides an interface between DeltaV™ M-series IO and a Logix system using multiple EtherNet/IP class 1 connections. The DV Scanner supports up to 32 DeltaV™ M-series IO cards and consumes 8 Logix IO (Class 1) connections.
Within the Slate environment each DV IO card can be configured to match the application. The following IO cards are supported:
- KJ3001X1-CA1 – 32 Channel, 24Vdc Dry Contact, Digital Input (DI)
- KJ3204X1-BA1 – 32 Channel, 24Vdc High-Side, Series 2 Digital Output (DO)
- KJ3222X1-BA1 – 8 Channel, 4-20mA HART, Series 2 Analog Input (AI)
- KJ3221X1-BA1 – 8 Channel, 4-20mA HART, Series 2 Analog Output (AO)
- KJ3001X1-BA1 – 8 Channel, 24Vdc Isolated, Digital Input (DI)
- KJ3001X1-BG1 – 8 Channel, 24Vdc Isolated, Digital Output (DO)
- KJ3002X1-BC1– 8 Channel, 4-20mA, Analog Input (AI)
- KJ3002X1-BB1– 8 Channel, 4-20mA, Analog Output (AO)
Using the EDS AOP (Add-On-Profile) in Studio 5000, the DV Scanner can be added directly into the Logix IO tree. AOIs (Add-On-Instructions) are provided for both Standalone and Redundant architectures and facilitate the mapping of IO and diagnostic information to meaningful (UDT) structures.
In the case of a redundant system, the AOI also automatically switches between the Active and Standby DV Scanner.
To aid in migration, the DV Scanner provides a Shadow mode where the DV Scanner can run in parallel with the existing DeltaV™ M-series controller. In this mode the existing CPU is controlling the IO cards and the DV Scanner is listening-in and providing the input and output readback data to the Logix.
The DV Scanner hosts two Ethernet ports which can either be used as an unmanaged switch or in a Device-Level-Ring (DLR) topology providing Ethernet redundancy.
The DV Scanner has a range of diagnostics, statistics, and tools to support the user during the migration process. This will speed up fault finding and reduce down-time.
The DeltaV Scanner connection to the MSeries I/O requires a Right Carrier Extender using a standard D-shell cable.