The CANopen Router provides intelligent data routing between either EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP and the CANopen bus network. This allows the user to integrate CANopen devices into a Rockwell Logix platform (e.g. ControlLogix or CompactLogix) or any Modbus Master device with minimal effort.
- Module can operate as a CANopen Master or Slave.
- Module can interface to EtherNet/IP as well as Modbus TCP.
- Supports up to 64 CANopen Slaves (when in Master mode).
- Support for up to 16 PDOs (receive and transmit) per CANopen Slave.
- When using a Logix Controller the module supports Direct-To-Tag so no Logix coding is required.
- Slate software provides a CANopen packet capture for better diagnosis of issues.
- Supports CiA 443 bootloader auto-enable.
- In Master Mode supports NMT message to initialize network.
- Time Synchronization of the CANopen network.
- Master supports SYNC for PDO communication.
- Supports all error and emergency (EMCY) messages and handling.
- Small form factor – DIN rail mounted.
The module can be configured to be either a CANopen Master or CANopen Slave allow the user to not only integrate CANopen devices into a Logix or Modbus system, but to also allow the user to use Logix or Modbus devices in an existing CANopen network (by using the CANopen Router in Slave mode).
In a Logix system the module uses Direct-To-Tag technology allowing CANopen devices to exchange data with a Logix controller without the need to write any ladder or application code in Studio 5000.
Slate allows the user to map up to 16 PDOs per CANopen Slave to Logix tags which will automatically be updated using Direct-To-Tag. When operating as a Modbus TCP Slave the module will provide various Modbus Holding registers to allow data exchange with a CANopen Slave.
Slate will also provide the user with the ability to change all parameters (using SDOs) of the slave based on the EDS file.
The module also provides a range of statistics to simplify the diagnostic process as well as a CANopen packet capture for remote diagnosis.
A built-in webserver provides detailed diagnostics of system configuration and operation, including the display of CANopen operation and communication statistics, without the need for any additional software.