Modbus Router/B - Supports Split (Dual IP) mode for Ethernet ports
The updated Aparian Modbus Router/B (MBR/B) now supports Split (Dual IP) mode for the module's dual Ethernet ports. In this mode the embedded switch functionality is disabled, allowing the user to connect two separate Ethernet networks without routing traffic from the one Ethernet network to another (i.e., traffic from Ethernet Port 1 cannot be forwarded to Ethernet Port 2 and vice versa).
The Split (Dual IP) mode also supports assigning separate network parameters (IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway) to each of the Ethernet ports. The MBR/B can then communicate with two Ethernet networks on different subnets.
Time Sync Module - Support for MicroLogix 1400 and Micro 800 Controllers
The Time Sync Module (A-TSM) has been updated to support time synchronization for the MicroLogix 1400 and Micro800 controller range.
The A-TSM will also now allow up to 10 Remote Devices (e.g., legacy SLC controller, MicroLogix controller, Modbus TCP device, etc.) to be synchronized simultaneously.
Aparian Releases J1939 Router Series B
The J1939 Router/B, provides intelligent data routing between either EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/RTU and a J1939 network. This allows the user to integrate J1939 devices into a Rockwell Automation Logix platform (e.g., ControlLogix or CompactLogix) or any Modbus Client or Server device with minimal effort. The module can be configured to produce and consume PGNs allowing the user to not only integrate J1939 devices into a Logix or Modbus system, but to also allow the user to use EtherNet/IP or Modbus devices in an existing J1939 network.
The primary interface can be configured to operate in one of four modes:
- EtherNet/IP Originator - In this mode the module can either exchange data with an EtherNet/IP device using either Explicit messaging (Unconnected/Class 3) or a Class 1 cyclic connection.
- EtherNet/IP Target - The module will be owned by a EtherNet/IP originator using a Class 1 cyclic connection.
- Modbus Client - In this mode the module will communicate with Modbus Server devices using either TCP, RTU232, or RTU485.
- Modbus Server - In this mode various Modbus Clients can communicate with the module over TCP, RTU232, and RTU485 simultaneously.
The J1939 Router provides auto extraction and scaling of SPNs for standard SAE defined PGNs. These SPNs can then be mapped to Logix UDTs Tags which can also be automatically generated by the Slate software. This allows the user to create a J1939 Router project with all the required PGNs and then export a Logix L5X file which contains all the required Tags and UDTs for that specific J1939 Router project. This L5X file can be imported into Logix removing the hassle of creating UDTs for the numerous PGNs.
The module has two Ethernet ports and supports Device-Level-Ring (DLR) architectures.
Aparian Modbus Router/B update
The Aparian Modbus Router/B has been updated with many new features:
- Better Modbus Client and Modbus Server integration and mapping with Enhanced Mode.
- Support for EtherNet/IP Class 1 (2KB) as well as Direct-to-Tag data exchange with Logix controllers.
- Support for Module Security (authentication, encryption, operational robustness, etc.)
- Configurable TCP port numbers.
- Can now operate as an EtherNet/IP Class 1 Originator allowing the MBR/B to own EtherNet/IP IO.
- Modbus can now communicate on all ports (TCP, RTU232, RTU485) at the same time.
- Support for Bridge Mode allowing a transparent link for Modbus between different media (TCP, RTU232, and RTU485).
- Concentrator Mode will collect data from a number of Modbus devices and provide the consolidated data to one or more Modbus Clients.
Aparian Product Updates
Time Sync Module (A-TSM)
The TSM now supports the following enhancements:
- GPS Spoofing Detection
- Supports Dynamic Time Zones for Legacy controllers and Modbus
- Now uses decorated EDS AOP (no Logix programming required)
IP Point HART
The IP Point HART In / Out now supports the following enhancements:
- HART packet capture and analyzer
- Dual Master operation
- Custom HART messages
The following IO Cards have been added to the supported i90 IO Card list:
- IMFEC11 and IMFEC12 - 15 Channel Analog Inputs